Train With Me
One-2-One Training in Dunedin, Otago, NZ
Some dogs love toys…
One-2-one training is a great option if group classes are not for you. Maybe you work shifts or unusual hours? You can schedule private training to suit your needs.
Private training ensures that both you and your dog are relaxed, comfortable and in a great situation in which to learn.
**Please note: I do not work with emotional issues such as fear, anxiety, aggression or separation distress.**
…others love food!
Covering six modules to give you the basic skills to train your dog, it focuses on training YOU how to communicate clearly, kindly and effectively. No ‘whispering’ skills required!
What does it cover?
- How dogs learn and the best way to teach them.
- All about marker signals and why you need them.
- The best ways to start behaviours.
- All about cues; what they are, what they’re not and how to use them effectively.
- Building reliable behaviours so your dog responds in the real world.
- No more frustration because your dog won’t listen to you.
- A rock solid bond built on understanding, compassion and trust.
- A fun and engaging way to spend quality time with your dog.
How much does it cost? Each session is $85 for 1 hour. The course includes detailed lesson booklets, workbooks and videos. I tailor the games and exercises to fit with your own personal training goals so you’re not learning irrelevant material.
Got the Basics? Want to Take You Dog Further?
Just because you and your dog have the bare necessities, you don’t have to stop there! Take your skills further…
Sports and Fun
“Sarah’s approach to dog training is evidence-based and is positive, humane, and compassionate. If a particular strategy does not work for my dog, she will go back to the drawing board and try something else.
It is because of Sarah’s commitment to meeting my dog’s individual needs (and not taking a one-size-fits-all approach) that we are starting to see marked improvement. I’m looking forward to continuing to work with Sarah and seeing more great progress!“