Want to improve both your dog’s behaviour and the bond between you?
Good. You’re in the right place.
I take my role as a trainer very seriously and I’m on a mission to make the science of dog training both accessible and fun.
No gobbledegook, no B.S. myths. Just proven dog friendly methods served up with a dose of individuality. Quite simply, I want you and your dog to enjoy your time together, both in and out of the ‘class room’.
How I Train Dogs
The training methods I use are force free, pain free and a whole heap of fun for everyone. I believe learning shouldn’t be a drag for either you or your dog. A dog’s life is too short to waste time together being miserable!
With an academic background in animal behaviour and psychology, and 20 yrs practical training experience I’ve helped a lot of dogs and people. That means I can give you the understanding to proactively prevent problems and the skills to change behaviours if necessary.
The Birth of HotDogs K9 Training
Hotdogs K9 Training was born out of a desire to help other dog lovers, who, like you, not only want a well-behaved best friend but who ALSO want that deeper connection and relationship. I do my very best to apply those kind and compassionate teaching principles to both ends of the lead. No learner, human or canine, deserves to be berated or corrected for making mistakes.
But be warned! I’m honest – you might not like what I have to say! (Even though I say it nicely…)
What I can’t do:
- Wave a magic want and fix everything for you. Changing behaviour takes effort – your effort!
- Provide a training Band Aid. There’re few quick fixes in dog training – or life for that matter. Believe me, I’ve tried.
- Change your dog’s basic personality. I can help you help your dog be the best they can be, but I can’t make them something they’re not.
“Sarah helped me tremendously when my confidence in both myself & dog were at a very low point. She worked very hard with us & taught me a huge amount about both myself & my dog.
Sarah has a real ability to see & understand the issues & many different tools to use in each situation. She has a wonderful box full of positive training skills and is happy to try other options if the first doesn’t work until she gets to something that suits us both…
…I like the way that Sarah doesn’t have just one box that everyone has to fit into and how well she works each partnership on its own merits.”
Want to Know More?
Have a dig around my website. Checkout some blog posts – lots of free information there.
Keen to work with an honest but caring trainer? Get in touch! I usually reply within 48hrs, often much faster.
I look forward to hearing from you!
In Case You Were Wondering…
Sarah Ripley is a self confessed training nerd. She is addicted to perfecting the application of behavioural science to better the lives of both dogs and their people.
In her spare time she writes, trains her own dogs for competitive obedience, reads science fantasy novels and eats too much chocolate. (Not necessarily in that order!)
Sarah has published articles in the NZKC Dog World Magazine and presented seminars and workshops on the science of training both here in NZ and internationally.
For those who like achievements and titles:
- BSc (hons) Animal Behaviour and Psychology (1st class)
- DipCABT (Diploma in Companion Animal Behaviour and Training)
- Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Certificate of Excellence for “Living and Learning with Animals; The Science & Technology of Behaviour Change” course.
- Fear Free Certified Trainer
- Obedience Grand Champion
- Winner of Test C at the National Dog Obedience Assembly. (Biggest obedience trial in the country!)